Categories
Builds In Progress

Megaman Blaster

Front of the cannon

I custom designed in OpenScad this front of the cannon with LEDs

Backside of canon tip

The back was designed to have holes exactly the size to mount LEDs in. The pieces were printed with “translucent” PLA to diffuse the light.

Gotta have the helmet

I found a mini helmet online and printed a small scale version of it.

Initial print, super rough

This is the assembled first print. There was so much sanding that I had to do. I learned a lot about how to fill holes and smooth out the lines in the print. The support material that was broken off left so much work to be done.

I used some 3M filler to smooth out the print lines

Especially around the yellow lightbar the print was really rough. The post prep on this part was intense.

After sanding and painting

Did about 5 sessions of filling and sanding with bondo before I got it to a point where it was nice and round. Here’s me holding the canon. It has a handle inside. Still need to build the electronics.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *